[3830] ARRLDX SSB WP3DX M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 3 12:20:54 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WP3DX
Operator(s): KP4TR KP4Y KP4WK
Station: WP3DX

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Ponce PR
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0
Total: 2320   238  Total Score = 1,656,480

Awesome contest weekend! It was really tuff to devote the whole weekend to the
contest; I guess family duties won this time. All the birthdays, festivals,
shows, picnics, church activities, baby showers and the endless “honey do
list” perfectly aligned this past weekend. We still managed to make some
noise and log some QSOs.
After some last minute planning decided to enter in the multi operator single
transmitter low power category as WP3DX. Operators this time were Ramón KP4TR,
Robert KP4Y and Norbert KP4WK. We were operating remote from Seffner, Brandon
and Valrico, Florida and using the radio that is in Ponce, Puerto Rico. Thanks
again to Ramón for the technical support, the remote operation was flawless.
That thing is awesome!
Ramón started Friday on 20m racking close to 200 Qs in a couple hours. Norbert
then took it and worked some more in 40 and 80m. Unfortunately, none of us was
available on Saturday morning due to previous commitments. It wasn’t until
around noon that Norbert took it again and battled the afternoon pile ups in
10, 15 and 20m. Latter Ramón took the reins followed by Robert who worked the
night shift and did exceptionally good in 40 and 80m. That was a big boost in
terms of points considering is just a G5RV dipole in a fixed position. Robert
and Ramón took turns all thru out Sunday as Norbert could not operate.
Overall we did better than last year. Interestingly, we ended up making less
QSOs but more points. All those 40 and 80m QSOs really made a difference this
time.
At the end of the day, we had fun and that’s what count.
73’s  WP3DX