[3830] ARRLDX SSB W1DYJ SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 3 16:27:18 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EMA

   40:    8     6
Total:  118    78  Total Score = 27,612

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Arriving home at midnight Saturday night after three weeks in New Zealand and
Australia -- and 30 hours of airplanes and connections -- I was lucky to get on
at all.  Between unpacking, laundry, and snow shoveling, I was able to operate
for 3.4 hours of S&P.  Starting a bit after noontime, an hour on 10 proved
fruitful with most Qs also being Mults.  Moving to 15, 20, and then 40 found
the same, and by then I was at half of my goal of 50K -- the minimum I need to
qualify for an Improvement award for next year.   Unfortunately, with only an
hour left by then, few new stations (or mults) were found on all four bands --
I never got on 80 -- I missed my goal by a lot.  :(

Rig: TS-2000
Antennas:
    40M - Dipole @ 7M
    20M - HB Moxon @ 12M