[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3DZ SOSB/10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 4 10:42:58 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3DZ
Operator(s): VE3DZ
Station: VE3DZ

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Niagara

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:    0     0
   20:    0     0
   15:    0     0
   10: 1531   115
-------------------
Total: 1531   115  Total Score = 528,195

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

K3 + amp (500...700 watts output) + A4S @ 35'

Supposed to be a serious SOSB effort, but it was pretty difficult to
concentrate considering what's happening in Ukraine (my native country) now...

About he contest. Conditions must be great since a bunch of CB'ers were
terrorizing me the whole contest. One guy from Northern Italy spent almost 2
hours trying "to get in touch" with me... I wish I had that much
spare time on my hands on a weekend.
Europe was pretty loud and I had no problem working a pile-up below 28300,
however, with West and Picific I didn't feel that loud and could not break many
pile-ups. For instance, I spent over an hour calling 9M6XRO, but no luck.
The "most terrible signal" on the band goes to CO6LC. I don't how one
can cover more than 20 kHz of bandwidth and create such dirty signal with
"only 100 watts".
Thanks to all for the Q's and to the ARRL for sponsoring such a nice contest.

73  Yuri  VE3DZ