[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4GV SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 4 15:26:22 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4GV
Operator(s): W4GV
Station: W4GV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FL

Total:  827   251  Total Score = 622,731

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Great condx and 10M was hot.  Was out most of Fri nite so didn't really get
started good until Sat AM at 0830 local.  I know I probably missed some mults
on 80 and 40 but I improved my score over last year altho I had abt 25 fewer
mults.  QSOs were up to make up for the difference, 827 vs 655 last year.
Hours were down from 30 last year to 17 this year.  Pretty easy to get room to
run on 10 and 15 meters.  The lower bands were so crowded, I usually just did
search and pounce.
Tnx for the QSOs.
Station - FTDX-9000D, Expert 2K-FA, PalStar HF-Auto tuner, Mosley Pro-67B at 40
ft, Crossed 80 meter dipoles at approx 55 ft, Heil Pro Set Elite, MFJ Model
MFJ-434 Voice Keyer, Writelog Ver 11.15A