[3830] NA Sprint RTTY W6YX(K6UFO) QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 9 15:39:50 EDT 2014

                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - March

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA

---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

Great to see the increase in activity, lots of new callsigns!
There were some very "creative" ways of establishing a QSO and
sending the exchange.

20m was in great shape, but too many people left after just the
first hour. I thought low band conditions were somewhat disturbed,
making for some rough copy. I couldn't keep up with last year's
rate sheet.

Very fun to have WD0T show up in the last hour!

Sorry, for the late report. But after the contest I have to reset
the radios, logging software and computers, move the coax switching
back to the other positions, and drive an hour back to San Francisco.
Too tired to do a report!

W6YX MIKE CA  (op K6UFO Mork CA)

W6YX Equipment:
20m: 6 el yagi at 60 ft, 5 el yagi at 36 ft
40m: 4 el yagi at 60 ft, inverted vee at 50 ft
80m: two inverted vees at 50 ft

Yaesu FT-1000MP and MarkV turned down to 5 watts
Microham u2r
Writelog and MMTTY

QSO by hour and band.
        80M     40M     20M    Total   Cumm
00Z    ---+-   ---+-     52       52     52
01Z       -      20      16       36     88
02Z       -      27       8       35    123
03Z      17      20       -       37    160

Total:   17      67      76