[3830] Commonwealth VE3MGY Restricted-24 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 10 10:11:19 EDT 2014

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest

Call: VE3MGY
Operator(s): VE3MGY
Station: VE3MGY

Class: Restricted-24 QRP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  230  Total Score = 3,155

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Up at 0830z to get everything setup for 1000z. Made for a long day but well
worth it in the end as it is a ( QRP ) Personal Best for me in this contest. A
special thanks to the family for putting up with LMR400 feeds running through
the house on the floor from the shack out to the field antennas after I had to
replace the ladderline to solve some local RFI issues that sprang up a few days
before the start and couldn't be resolved in time. Will have to properly install
the feeds when the ice and snow melt enough where they enter the house so I can
actually find them.

The first contest of 2014 where the we did NOT have poor condx from either a
CME, the Bz, a Flare, a GM storm or enhanced electron or proton flux levels.
Almost made it too easy - even with 5w.

K3 / IC7600 at 5w
N/S 80M doublet at 50'
E/W 160M Inverted V at 50'