[3830] Commonwealth VO2AAA(VO1AU) Open-24 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 10 11:50:35 EDT 2014

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest

Call: VO2AAA
Operator(s): VO1AU
Station: VO2WL

Class: Open-24 HP
QTH: Labrador City

Total:  981  Total Score = 9,985

Bonuses:
80m - 28
40m - 53
20m - 80
15m - 53
10m - 40
Total 251

Thank you to Naz VO2NS and his wife Carolyn for hosting me in their home.
Thank you also to Naz and the Hams of Western Labrador (HOWL) for letting me
take over their club station, VO2WL for the second BERU in a row.

My score is up a bit from last year, and I came just short of 1,000 QSOs, and
just short of 10,000 points.

The contest was great fun.  Conditions were excellent.  I was most impressed
byu all the Long Path to ZL and VK.

Looking at some of the earlier reports from other Canadians, I seemed to have
missed a lot of action on 10m, and my 15m total looks a little weaker than it
should.

For the first time ever, there were three VO2s on in the BERU: VO2RAC made a
few QSOs from his own station, abut 500m from me, and Chris VO2AC operating QRP
from Goose Bay, about 550km east of me.

I wish I had the gear with me to operate SO2R from VO2WL.  Perhaps in 2015.