[3830] WiQP N0IJ SO Mobile LP

Mark Michel w9op at athenet.net
Mon Mar 10 14:46:05 EDT 2014

Fantastic!!!    Mark, W9OP

-----Original Message-----
From: webform at b4h.net
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 1:25 PM
To: 3830 at contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WiQP N0IJ SO Mobile LP

                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: N0IJ
Operator(s): N0IJ
Station: N0IJ

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: WI

  160:
   80:   12     0
   40:  455     0
   20:  255     0
   15:    4     0
  UHF:
--------------------
Total:  726     0  Mults = 68  Total Score = 157,104.0

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This one is always a lot of fun--just not as much fun this year as last!
Found
condx and participation down, at least in the areas we traveled in.  Hard to
say for sure, as I had some problems with the K3--low audio.  Had to run
both
AF & RF gain wide open, and still had a hard time hearing--appologies to
those I missed.  Also, forgot the rx button was pushed on 80 from the DX
contest, which was embarrassing and explains why 2 counties had no 80 near
the
end!  Very happy for:  Driver, Terry, W0TVD, who piloted us through some of
the
worst roads in the state, that we survived a 4 wheel slide through slush on
back road in CHI, that I was able to hold my cookies down (barely) during
the
same stretch of road, that we made all 18 of our counties, and all the folks
who followed us around and provided so many Q's.  Not so happy about the rig
issue, the fact the Q count was down so much, and the out state mult count
was
way down-- missing such as NV, ID, NE, ND, SD, AR, MS, LA, SC, VT, and ME,
plus
only getting VE3 in Canada.

Amazed at all the dx activity, in fact the undercurrent of EU callers made
copy
tough at times on 20.  OM2VL in the log 17 times plus gave him 2 other
counties
before the contest.  What a signal he has on 40.

QSO leaders:  KV8Q/22, N2CU/21, OM2VL/17, N0IM, K9NW & AA4FU/15,  N0UR/14,
and several with 12.  Thanks!!

John, N0IJ op
Terry, W0TVD driver