[3830] Commonwealth VK3MI Restricted-24 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 11 09:05:57 EDT 2014

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest

Call: VK3MI
Operator(s): VK3MI
Station: VK3MI

Class: Restricted-24 LP
QTH: VK3

Total:  199  Total Score = 3,680

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Great conditions but I was unable to take full advantage of them due to my
Flex-3000 radio developing an intermittent transmit problem at the start of the
contest. After wasting several hours attempting to diagnose and solve the
problem, I decided to construct a CAT and keying interface so that I could
revert to using my old (but trustworthy) FT1000MP radio. I eventually managed
to get back on the air and start seriously participating in the contest from
around 20:00 UTC. I missed the Flex-3000 waterfall display but otherwise it was
fun playing with real knobs and switches again!

Radio: Yaesu FT1000MP MkV + WriteLog

Antennas: End fed long wire for all bands (maximum height 17m AGL) and 10M
dipole (6m AGL)

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs and your patience in copying my weak signals. I
also apologise to the callers that I could not copy due to the high level of man
made noise at my suburban QTH in Melbourne. And, as always, many thanks to the
contest committee for organising one of my favourite events on the
international HF contest calendar!