[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Mar 14 08:12:42 EDT 2014

                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 14

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

  160:   0      0
   80:   7      6
   40:  21     13
   20:   2      2
   15:   0      0
Total:  30     21  Total Score = 630

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, zepp, dipole, inverted vee.  It was a miserable night here.
Maybe my worst score ever for a complete session.  Participation was way down.
Only one station noted to be using a mechanical key (N3ZZ).  I forgot to hook up
mine before the session started.  15M was dead here.  It's probably too early to
add 15M to the mix, at least for the east coast.  20M was very poor except to
the Pacific Northwest.  I got one WA and one OR and got beat to the others, so
went to 40M very early.  And I was the only one on 40M except for K7SV.  Where
were the other SO2R guys listening?  40M had no perceptible skip zone, but that
was irrelevant since the only other 4 area station QRV beside K7SV and myself
was N4DW and I only heard him very weak on 20.  80M was likewise frustrating
with no local area stations QRV.  I could hear everyone, even W7OM, but they
were all working each other and I couldn't get any of the west coast, pacific
northwest stations or WD0T and N0TA to hear me.  I know the zepp is a poor
substitute for the beam (which has no coax to it at the moment), but the
antennas on the lower bands are the same that have been working like
gangbusters the past two sessions.  Will be out of town next week.  The week
after that will be my birthday (#72) and I look forward to a much better NS
session then.  Thanks for the QSOs if you were one of the few who heard me last
night.  73, John, K4BAI.