[3830] Rus DX JA1BPA(@JG1ZUY) SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 17 06:20:42 EDT 2014

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: JA1BPA
Operator(s): JA1BPA
Station: JG1ZUY

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Chiba

   80:   24               7        16
   40:  209      32      40        59
   20:   71     320      45        56
   15:  261     191      55        68
   10:  333     646      68        70
Total:  898    1189     215       269  Total Score = 7,039,780

Club: University of Tokyo Contest Club

Comments:

My personal record for the number of QSOs (more than 2,000!) for
a 24-hour contest.  It was amazing what high SSN combined with
quiet geo-magnetic condition could do.

10mb was really amazing.  We had great opening to the East Coast
of the U.S. right after our local sunrise, and European signals
were strong until 2 hours after our local sunset.  15mb and 20mb
opened to Europe late at night as if we were in the mid-summer.
I had a hard time trying to find a time slot to work on 40/80mb
because higher bands were open all night!  I tried to take
advantage of my SO2R setting, but it was sometimes impossible
to run 10mb and 15mb simultaneously because the propagation
was too good!

I am aware that this is a new claimed JA record for this contest.
I hope that the claim will survive the strict cross-check of
the organizer.

Thank you for all QSOs and for Russian stations who copied
my rusty Russian language on SSB.

Best 73,

Icko, JA1BPA