[3830] Rus DX PI4YLC(@PI4TUE) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 17 08:44:01 EDT 2014

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: PI4YLC
Operator(s): PA1ENG PA2LS PA5YL PD5AX PD3MKT PD2CWM
Station: PI4TUE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Eindhoven

  160:    -      -        -         -
   80:   49     14       21        16
   40:   12    156       37        34
   20:   75    143       39        39
   15:   53     86       28        38
   10:   38    301       33        46
Total:  227    700      157       173  Total Score = 2,022,720

Club: White Horse Contest Club

Comments:

PI4YLC took part in the Russian DX for the second time. Our first participation
was in 2013, this time our goal was to top our achievements of last year.
Another competitive element: we were battling against the om's of PI4TUE
(Aurelio-PC5A and Mark-PA5MW): same location, separate transmitters, partly
seperate antennas, and band pass filters were only just installed, time to take
it to the next level of contesting! We were able to start at 12.00utc sharp and
we took part for the whole 24 hours with a total of six YL operators:
Claudia-PD5AX, Mariette-PA1ENG, Lisa-PA2LS, Monique-PD3MKT, Ineke-PD2CWM and
myself (Chantal-PA5YL). We operated both in Phone and CW and had a lot of fun
contesting in one room and socializing in the room next door!
And although we didn't achieve our two goals, top the score of last year and
beat the guys as well, we had a blast! Big thankyou to everyone who helped
building the contest station! Already look forward to the next contest
opportunity!

On behalf of the PI4YLC contest team,

Chantal-PA5YL

Equipment used:
Orion + Acom
3 EL SteppIR, 40M dipole, 80M loop, 160M vertical sloping down