[3830] Rus DX MJ5Z(JK3GAD) SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 17 09:58:54 EDT 2014

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: MJ5Z
Operator(s): JK3GAD
Station: GJ3DVC

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: IN89VE

  160:   105             33        17
   80:   181             41        22
   40:   239             41        39
   20:   500             61        61
   15:   479             62        66
   10:   411             52        63
Total:  1915    0       290       268  Total Score = 6,530,832

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

After severe winter weather, none of antenna at club station were working when I
arrived on Friday afternoon after my flight was delayed and waiting on tarmac
for 4 hours due to thick fog in the island. Thanks to club members, Phil
GJ4CBQ, Steve MJ0ULE, Paul MJ0PMA and Dieter MJ1CYD, 160m Dipole and Log
periodic which covers 20m and up are functional on Friday evening. Without
their efforts, I have to use my wires and ATU. I can tune 160m antenna to
40/80m using K3's internal ATU, not ideal but better than nothing.

Despite no proper antenna on 40/80m, it is my best score in RDXC. Thanks for
propagation and nice level of activity.

Just after the contest, shelf which supports rotator controllers and monitors
over the operating desk collapsed. I thought I can continue to BARTG RTTY
contest but this incident killed my plan.

Thanks for QSOs and see you in next one.

73 Kazu
M0CFW, M5Z, JK3GAD