[3830] WPX SSB NX5M M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 30 13:18:08 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M KU5B KJ5T
Station: NX5M

Class: M/M HP
QTH: TX

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Many issues; beginning weeks before during the planning right up to the start of
the contest.  Operators was the main issue.  Getting increasingly difficult to
get operators.  Antenna damage and a couple of amps not acting right. Then
Friday evening stormy weather prevented us from getting on the air.
For several days prior to the contest I really wanted to just call it off.  But
at the same time I did not want to since a couple of the ops had made special
changes to their schedule to be here so I decide to just tell everyone to
operate as much or as little as they wanted.  KU5B and NX5M were out in the
field covering the severe weather events for local media. Text messages were
sent to KJ5T and N5XJ letting them know that once the severe weather threat had
passed and as soon as we got back to the station we would go ahead and set it up
and if they wanted to operate, they could.
KJ5T elected to drive on it but we never heard from N5XJ.  With that, we
operated off and on until 1600z Sunday.  We slept during the night, we went out
to eat lunch and dinner and much of the time there was only one operator on the
air.....switching chairs freely if so desired.  I think there may have been
only about 2 hours that all three of us were actually operating.
I think we may be done with trying to do multi-multi.  With the lack of
interest in operating or conflicts preventing those we invite.....it is
impossible to do anything seriously.