[3830] WPX SSB SJ2W M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 30 20:03:43 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: SJ2W
Operator(s): LB3HC SM2LIY SM2UVU SM2WMV
Station: SJ2W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Da Traesk

   20: 1842
   15: 1643

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

What a blast! Even though we had a bit of dismantled crew we managed to get a
new Scandinavian record. SM2LIY had the worst back pain of his life and could
barely get out of bed at times, but still spent long shifts in the chair. We
had LB3HC who flew in from Oslo and helped us out and also SM2UVU came up to
make a 12h stint in the chair between being occupied by his regular work.

I was a bit dissapointed on Sunday morning of our score during Saturday, but
Sunday was so good that even though 40m was absolutely horrible up here we
could reach all our targets, which was 4800 QSOs, 1450 PFX and over 17 million
points. However there is no way to compete with our friends further south and
to the west with 40m in the shape it was. Propagations on 15 and 10 were
absolutely amazing most of the weekend. Because of the shortage in operators or
their health, we could not keep the "inband" station that does S&P
on the RUN band occuiped all the time. We had a MULT station hooked up but it
was barely used.

It was fun to have a Scandinavian team to battle with as well in OG9X, they had
almost caught up to us on Sunday morning but luckily we could pull ahead during
Sunday (cqcontest.net scoreboard is exciting).

Antennas
160m: 1/4 vert
80m: 4-SQ
40m: 3/3el + 2/2el + 4-SQ
20m: 6/6/6el + 5/5el + 4el @EU
15m: 6/6el + 5el
10m: 6/6el + 6el @46m
RX inband: 3-band vertical ~450m away + single verticals for 40 and 80

RUN: FT1000MKV + ACOM 2000A (Sponsored by Ojojoj Music AB)
INBAND (S&P on run band): K3
N1MM Logger

Check the website for more information and continous updates of what goes on
at
the station.
http://www.sj2w.se/contest/