[3830] WPX SSB 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB10 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 30 20:17:13 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P6SH

Class: SOSB10 LP
QTH: 8P

   10: 1419

Interesting propagation all week-end long. Used three yagi's as follows:

innovantenna LFA 2-element - Fixed SA
Innovantenna LFA 3-element - Fixed EU (rotated to NA at EU sunset)
Force 12 C3 - rotable

The LFA along with my location on the east of the island gave me a pipeline
into EU. It also felt like propagation was bad to NA in any event and it was
very noisy in that direction.

Was short of my target by a couple hundred thousand points and 600 Q's short of
my plan. This was made up by a decent number of prefises worked and the high
number of three-pointers (EU, SA) worked. Normally EU isn't so good and I have
to depend on NA to make up the numbers.

Running LP is always a challenge and it was difficult getting decent runs
goingbefore one of those 5KW stations to the east and south of me stole away
the frequency.

This shows the breakdown of where my Q's were made:

          160M    80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total      %

    OC       0      0      0      0      0     16      16     1.1
    NA       0      0      0      0      0    296     296    20.9
    SA       0      0      0      0      0     99      99     7.0
    AF       0      0      0      0      0     17      17     1.2
    EU       0      0      0      0      0    947     947    66.7
    AS       0      0      0      0      0     43      43     3.0

Thanks for all the stations that pulled out my peanut-whistle and look forward
to the next time.

73, Dean - 8P6SH