[3830] WPX SSB K4BAI SOAB(TS) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 30 20:48:51 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 11:12

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 91b, 1.5 KW, zepp, inverted vee, dipole, tee vertical.  Was
scheduled to operate on 20M at NQ4I M/M this weekend, but I came down with a
head cold and when I got to Rick's we decided it would be best if I didn't try
to operate there and probably give the cold to other operators.  I felt pretty
rotten all weekend, and all contacts were S&P, a first for me.  The coax
has come off my beam, so I used all wire antennas.  Band conditions on all
bands seemed pretty good except that QRN was very high on 160M Friday night.
Thanks for all QSOs.  Think this is the first time ever that my being sick kept
me from a full-time operation in a major contest.  73, John, K4BAI.