[3830] WPX SSB AD1C SO(A)AB(TS) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 30 20:55:52 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AD1C
Operator(s): AD1C
Station: AD1C

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) LP
QTH: CO

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Radio:     Yaesu FTDX-5000 (100W)
Antennas:  HyGain AV-640 vertical, 1/2 G5RV in attic
Software:  WriteLog

Part-time effort.  I worked very few USA stations (on purpose).  I can't
remember a time since I've lived in CO when 10m (and 15m) was open so late to
the east.  When I worked LA3S on 10m Sunday around 2000z, he said it had
already been dark there for several hours.

A lot of stations had trouble copying my serial #, I think it was more the QRM
than my weak signal.  I got several really good signal reports from Europe on
15m Sunday afternoon (at first I thought they were joking).  As Yogi Berra
might say, no one contests on 15 meters any more, it's too crowded.

Thanks to everyone who got on the air!