[3830] WPX SSB PJ2T M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 31 06:52:34 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): DL8OBQ N3RD N4RV NM2O VA7AM VE7KW W0CG
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CURACAO

   20: 1333
   15: 2504
   10: 3070

The PJ2T station has supported contest operations at championship levels for
many years. The team this year hailed from Canada, Germany and USA. The
Multi-Two category was selected based upon the number of operators available
this year.

Conditions can be described in this phrase: GREAT, but different than expected.

Band changes were made to match the conditions. The box score shows that 10
meters was THE band. 10 meters was so good that we saw slow periods on 15
meters at times during the daytime.

We have just had a long period of low sunspot conditions, so we need to
remember what high sunspot conditions are like. This is great!!

We watched "live" reporting during the contest and observed the UP2L
score carefully. Congratulations to Willy and the team for their victory. Willy
has always provided good competition from zone 17 for decades.

On a personal note: My first trip to Curacao was in 1974 along with N4RV. We
entered M/S as PJ9JR. The trophy is in the trophy case here at the PJ2T
station. It is hard to believe that 40 years have elapsed. We have moved from
tube radios and paper logs to radios with amazing performance along with
computer logging and the internet. Computer logging is certainly much better!

All of the operators here extend our best wishes to all our radio friends
around the world. At the dinner last night, we discussed how the championship
level activity has moved from Zone 9. This follows the increase in activity in
Zones 14, 15, 16 and 17. Building stations in zone 33 is quite a distance from
home for many, and we appreciate the dedication involved.

For the WPX team,
73,
Ray NM2O

The QSL manager for PJ2T is W3HNK. He provides excellent support.