[3830] WPX SSB M8C M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 31 09:07:54 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: M8C
Operator(s): G0VJG 2E0TBO G0PZA M0MYC G4BUO G0PZA M0MDR G7GLW M0TGV G3RGS M6DYI G0FDZ 2E0LAG
Station: M8C

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Dartford, UK

   15: 1059

This was a team effort by members of Cray Valley Radio Society, we had to build
the station on Friday and the quad is being dismantled again as I speak.

Fantastic conditions on 10m, especially working ZM90DX late on Sunday evening
local time. 20m was difficult at the start, we knew we were loud and were
getting lots of callers before the start of the contest, but QRM levels and
band occupancy went up alarmingly once it kicked off and we found it hard to
make a decent rate for the first couple of hours.

Combination of newer and experienced operators and everyone had fun, including
the first barbeque of the season - ‘Angrillen’ as mentioned by one of our
group who is from Germany.

Dave G4BUO

FT2000
Acom 1500