[3830] NewEngQP UA3AGW Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 5 18:35:43 EDT 2014

                    New England QSO Party

Call: UA3AGW
Operator(s): UA3AGW
Station: UA3AGW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Moscow, Russia
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:      9
   40:     19
   20:     91       28
   15:     42       24
   10:
------------------------
Total:    161       52  Mults = 55  Total Score = 20,570

Thanks to Tom K1KI for his effort in organizing another big NEQP event and to
everyone who did not forget to beam North-East and work me. Special thanks to
mobiles:
- Bob, WA1Z was strong and easy to work on 15 -40 mtr bands and even readable
on 80 though I had no chance to break local US pile-ups there.
 - Jay, W1UJ using Barnstormers Club contest call NZ1U was always able to
recognize my callsign in the crowd and even used to send “tnx Dima” during
every QSO we made. Maybe it’s due to a good memory of my visit to KB1H/NZ1U
shack for Barnstormers team joint effort in CQWW CW 2012. Thanks so much, Jay!

HF propagation was not that good as in 2013 when I made my best ever result. 15
and 20 mtr bands opened very late to US here and closed very early. 40 mtr was a
big problem with BARTG RTTY Contest QRM and nearly no SSB activity below 7200
Khz. Another problem was my broken Mag340 yagi, so I had to use a non-effective
low dipole and made less than 20 Q’s. 80 mtr is a big challenge from UA3 to
USA in May, especially in QSO Parties when nobody is expecting for DX calls 
! Anyhow I managed to make 9 Q’s for the first time in NEQP.

Since NEQP is one of very few QSO parties encouraging DX Q's as mults, I would
really appreciate W1 guys and at least mobiles to give periodically a special
chance to DX callers in the hours of good inter-continental propagation. Had a
real chance to make a clean sweep from zone 16 in 2013 but was unable to break
through endless US pile-ups on mobiles.

Thanks again to everyone who replied to my call and cu next year!

Best 73’s from Moscow!
Dima, UA3AGW