[3830] NewEngQP NZ1U(@NZ1U/M) M/S Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat May 10 17:00:43 EDT 2014

                    New England QSO Party

Call: NZ1U
Operator(s): W1UJ N1WK KB1SBC
Station: NZ1U/M

Class: M/S Mobile LP
QTH: MA

   80:     72       0
   40:    140       0
   20:    696       2
   15:      4       0
   10:      0       0
------------------------
Total:    914       2  Mults = 73  Total Score = 133,006

Club: BARNSTORMERS

Comments:

A fantastic time with good friends. KB1SBC Drove most of the way, N1WK
navigated, W1UJ operated.  Was in northern ME where we have never gone before.

K3/100 with a motorized High Sierra antenna and a Hy-Gain mast with changeable
resonators.

2003 Caddy SLS turned 38k miles on the trip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbtKdE_fqvs

Used N1MM for logging and CQ/x for county warnings.  2 networked laptops with
N1MM and navigation software/streets and trips 2010.  Wireless LAN in the car
to network the PC's and connect the 'operating' laptop to the Rig for CAT,
keying and GPS with a Comtrol serial-Ethernet appliance on the LAN.

Headed off-track to give out SUFMA after a couple of requests.  2 lucky QSOs in
NORMA with a short corner of that county.

We did this in 2012 with good results and a better score, The conditions seemed
to be poor but steady, thanks for the 'regulars' chasing us through the
counties.

Some Photos;
http://w1uj.net/NEQP-2014/

Notes for next rover effort-
-Pass counties! Advertising to the guys that constantly call from each county
change deserve to know when that is!
-Pass QSOs to other bands.  But fun "shooting the breeze" with nav
and driver too!
-Have better notifications to the navigator on county changes.
-Missed the last 2 hours where WA1Z stated good rates.... :(

Congrats to WA1Z and W6PH!  We will see what future Barnstormer efforts bring!

 Band  Mode  QSOs    Pts  Mul
   3.5  CW      72     142    2
     7  CW     140     278   11
    14  CW     696    1392   58
    14  USB      2      2    0
    21  CW       4      8    2
 Total  Both   914    1822   73
Score: 133,006

The following counties were activated with indicated number of QSOs:
Penobscot(132)
WashingtonME(74)
Hancock(66)
Somerset(60)
Piscataquis(54)
MiddlesexMA(47)
FranklinME(43)
Lincoln(41)
Suffolk(38)
Waldo(38)
Rockingham(35)
Kennebec(34)
Aroostook(34)
Worcester(33)
Oxford(32)
York(31)
EssexMA(30)
Androscoggin(27)
Cumberland(25)
Knox(24)
Sagadahoc(23)
WindhamCT(17)
Norfolk(2)

The initial ten minute hourly rate in these counties was :
Rockingham(138)
Piscataquis(138)
Lincoln(126)
Worcester(114)
MiddlesexMA(114)
Suffolk(108)
WindhamCT(102)
Knox(102)
Penobscot(102)
FranklinME(96)
York(90)
Sagadahoc(90)
Androscoggin(90)
EssexMA(90)
Somerset(90)
Hancock(84)
WashingtonME(72)
Aroostook(54)
Oxford(48)
Waldo(36)
Kennebec(24)
Cumberland(18)
Norfolk(12)

The indicated number of QSOs were made with the following stations:
WN1GIV(22)
N4PN(20)
K9UIY(20)
K9YC(18)
K2DSW(18)
W5ASP(18)
WA1FCN(17)
K9CT(17)
N4GG(17)
UA2F(15)
NU0Q(14)
N4VV(13)
K0MPH(12)
W8TM(12)
K1ZZI(12)
W5WMU(10)
NA4K(10)
K7TM(9)
W4TTM(9)
KI0I(9)
K5LH(9)
WA8ZBT(9)
K4BAI(8)
UA6LCN(8)
N4ARO(8)
NA8V(8)
K8MR(7)
K0FG(7)
DK3BN(7)
N9CK(7)
UA3AGW(7)
Number of unique calls worked: 346

Thanks to the following stations for contributing more than half the QSOs
WN1GIV(22)
N4PN(20)
K9UIY(20)
K9YC(18)