[3830] 50SprngSprnt K9JK/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 11 01:40:34 EDT 2014

                    50 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: K9JK/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62

Total:  QSOs = 50  Mults = 18  Tot Dist(km) = 2527  Total Score = 900

Club: Six Meter Club of Chicago

Comments:

All contacts made were local tropo, no enhancement noted but the EN52 Grid-4
was a 'hotbed' with 29 of my 50 contacts made with 10 different EN52 stations.

Mults total is based on 'classic' Rover scoring; count mults separately from
each grid-4 visited and add them up. Five unique grids worked.

Breakdown by Grid-4s I visited:

Grid Qs Ms
EN51 12  5
EN52 14  4
EN61 12  4
EN62 12  5
Tot. 50 18

Total DX - 2527 km

Best DX to K2DRH in EN41vr from EN62ad, 192 km. (Also worked K2DRH from
EN61ax and EN51xx); to the NW I worked N9LB in EN52hv from all 4 of my
grid-4s, ranging from 143 to 155 km.

19 different calls worked, eight of those from all four of the Grid-4s I
visited.

Thanks again to Kent, KA2KQM, for all of his leg work to take on the hosting
duties for this year's Spring Sprints and to Central States VHF Society for
their continued sponsorship.

Thanks also to Bruce Horn, WA7BNM, for setting up these score reporting forms
for the Spring Sprints.

Thanks also to ALL who were on and participated in the 2014 50 MHz Spring
Sprint.

73, JK