[3830] CQ-M K3TN(@K4VV) SOABCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 11 16:34:05 EDT 2014

                    CQ-M International DX Contest

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K4VV

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Remote Operation

   40:   47            22
   20:  158            36
   15:  266            43
   10:    3             3
---------------------------
Total:  474     0     104  Total Score = 142,480

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A herniated disc has meant that sitting is about the only comfortable position
right now, so put more time into CQ-M than I've ever done before. Remotely
operated K4VV, a FB station but the thunderstorm QRM exacerbated the audio
dropouts over the Internet connection - I was asking for fills quite often that
120 hours were turned into 90 hours.

15m was in phenomenal shape. During the late morning HS0s, YBs and BD5XX were
mixed in with the EU run. In the evening, JA signals were very loud but never
had a real pileup - didn't seem to be a lot of JA activity.

10m had an opening but condx on 15m seemed to suck up all the activity or I
just missed the bulk of it. 40M QRN made the Mumble audio nearly unusable -
abandoned the airwaves at that point.

Thanks to Jack K4VV for the station and Mike W0YR for all the work keeping it
all going.