[3830] 50SprngSprnt WA4A Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed May 14 15:42:25 EDT 2014

                    50 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: WA4A
Operator(s): WA4A
Station: WA4A

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: FM06

Total:  QSOs = 1  Mults = 1  Tot Dist(km) = 1870  Total Score = 1

The 6-Meter band was open and I exchanged sig reports with Canada (VE3CRO and
VE2XK) and the Caribbean (ZF5EJ) just before the contest began.  Within 15
minutes after the contest started, however, the band was dead!

I completed only one QRP contest QSO: ZF35EK (EK99) at 2307Z on SSB. After
that, only dead air until about 0250Z when some unidentified scatter started
coming through on 50.125 and one partial New England CW beacon was heard.

Rig here: FT-817nd at 5-Watts with LDG-817H tuner loading 60-foot end-fed wire.

This Sprint was lots better than the 432 Sprint, though...4 hours of swinging
the beam, calling and listening to dead air back in April netted no contacts!

73 to all,  DE Bob WA4A