[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N6ZFO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri May 23 01:04:03 EDT 2014

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 23

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .50

  160:   1      1
   80:   5      3
   40:  16     14
   20:  12     11
Total:  34     29  Total Score = 986

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This is one to drop.  .  20 seconds in , the band information to WL stopped
along with the k1el keyer.  So I resorted to hand sending with the backup CMOS
Superkeyer III.  Sorry for the QLF's on sending numbers.  Summer conditions
have now hit 40-160.. on 80 I could hear the east coast well. .  n3dxx, n4af
etc but no one could hear me.   We do have a v. quiet location, and the Eu
Beverage works exceedingly well.  Just one QSO on 160 with RO. . another stn
just cq'd in my face.  not sure what's going on with that. Amazingly over ten
years there's been only one complaint, and that was the guy from New Mexico.
who also infiltrated our relector.  All in all, the non-contesters have been
very very tolerant.  We are quick and disappear fast.

Pre-contest ZF2SL was knocking out Q's on 14040 listening up. . but he was
slowing down by NS time.  I do feel a little sorry sometimes for those who
innocently get lost in the NS chaos.

Good to hear Karl K9BGL and WQ5L back in the fray.  Between Tor and Ray we've
had good coverage of the Ms mult this time.

Post contest, finally got WL to report frequency and drive the keyer again, so
maybe better luck next week.

73 and good luck to all in the WPX.