[3830] WPX CW KB7Q(@K7FA) SO(A)SB40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 25 13:24:56 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KB7Q
Operator(s): KB7Q
Station: K7FA

Class: SO(A)SB40 HP
QTH: Arizona
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Remote Operation

Total:  817  Prefixes = 444  Total Score = 1,138,860

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I wasn't too sure how this was going to go after only making 100 contacts the
first three hours. On 40 meters you DO NOT make hay while the sun shines. It
got better, much, much better.

Tom, K7FA graciously let me remote in to his K3,three element 40M mono-bander,
and 8877 amp so I owed it to his fine station to a B.I.C. (butt in chair)
effort. Despite some rain/wind static, enough Internet latency that would
truncate the first letter of callers (hence all the requests for repeats), and
a wicked brew of QRN/QSB Friday evening I had a blast.

I had to stay at 28 or 30 wpm to keep the CW coherent (mostly).

Running JAs each night was just too much fun. Best DX was RI1ANT in Antarctica
while pointed north. Go figure. Again thanks to Tom, K7FA for letting me add to
his power bill!

73,
Gene