[3830] WPX CW VE9AA SOSB10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 25 21:02:11 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOSB10 HP
QTH: nb

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Condx on 10m up here were truly dismal.*(see below)

N1MM says 5:12 hours, but in reality it may have been even more.
Modus operandi each morning was to tune tune tune, looking for new stns to
work.
Each hour brought 4 or 5.  Then I'd CQ for as long as I could without falling
asleep. 10, 15 or 20 minutes later, after I had worked 2 or 4 guys, I would
walk away from the righ for an hour or more.
Rinse, repeat.
My worst WPX EVER ! (maybe my worst 10m showing in any contest, EVER !
N1MM, IC7410, ~500W, 5el yagi.....too high of a latitude QTH :-(
*DISMAL
dis·mal  [diz-muhl]  Show IPA

adjective

1.

causing gloom or dejection; gloomy; dreary; cheerless; melancholy: dismal
weather.

2.

characterized by ineptness or lack of skill, competence, effectiveness,
imagination, or interest; pitiful: Our team played a dismal game.

3.

Obsolete .

a.

disastrous; calamitous.