[3830] WPX CW K5YAA SOSB15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 25 22:14:47 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: OK

   15: 1000

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

15 meters was open very late Friday and Saturday nights. Stayed in the chair for
9 hours on Saturday on the same frequency.  Great fun.  Very civil operators
asking QRL before blasting away.  The whole world was coming in at times with
VK ZL JA South America and Asiatic Russia plus many Europeans all at the same
time.
Reminded me of 20 meters years ago.  An all night band.  Again, great fun as I
haven't operated the WPX in a handful of years. Went to ten only briefly and
made 18 Qs but headed back to 15 and without antennas (yet) for 20/40/80 and
160 decided I would turn in my score as single band on 15. Thanks for all the
QSOs.

Rig: K3 and a Tokyo HL-1.2Kfx Amp
Antenna: 6 el Force yagi stuck on 0 degrees the whole contest.
N1MM logging on a Samsung Laptop running Windows 8 (I was able to keep Win 8
out of my way most of the time!)

73 - Jerry K5YAA