[3830] WPX CW NN3L(N3RS) SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 25 23:28:01 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NN3L
Operator(s): N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: EPA

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

What a blast!  Great conditions and a bunch of great operators world-wide.  My
first time trying SO2R and second with low power.  Everything worked well with
the exception of my 4 element 40M Yagi which was stuck pointing north-northwest
when a freak storm hit our town and tore up the rotor.  Conditions inn 40M
seemed to be very good, as I was able to do a little running to europe even
with the Yagi almost off the ends.  Those double point QSOs make a huge
contribution to the final score.  Even 10M had some europeans coming from over
ZS land.

My thanks to all those who called in and who had patience with me on 40M.
Hopefully next year I'll be slightly more proficient at SO2R.  It certainly
isn't something you are born with.

73's de Sig, N3RS