[3830] WPX CW 9A8WW(S55M) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 26 11:56:03 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: 9A8WW
Operator(s): S55M
Station: 9A1P

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JN65VG

   15: 1536

Club: Belokranjec Contest Club

Comments:

First, BIG Thanks to all who answered my calls!!! :)
After almost 35 years of ham-radio activity, this was my first SOAB attempt on
HF (it was more SMOR-Single Monkey One Radio type and Single Op Three Band
activity ).
Major part of contacts was made in RUN mode and i picked only couple of MTP's
on 10m .
I arrived on site on Friday at midday and first i had to trim a
"jungle" of grass which grown to about 3.ft high, to walk normally
around the shack and toward antenna towers. It took me 2 hours with lawn mover,
so already then, i was tired enough.
Because of "strange people", we have to remove some cables to
antennas and rotors, so i had to install some cable runs. I found out
later,that the 80m vertical is broken, but didn't investigate too much, and
quickly decided not to use 80m band.
I finished with station install at midnight local time, and even got some sleep
until the start of the contest.
Again 15m was in magic shape both days with nice runs of K's VE's and JA's.
36 hours passed in the blink of an eye with two 6 hour brakes and abt 4 hour
naps .
Thanks to Stevo-9A2CW for nice food delivered directly to shack.
At the end, I can say that it was fun, but not as much, as is during 9A1P's MS
efforts. I'm definitely not made for SO, because i miss nice company and lot of
laughter and stupid things we do together. We even fight a lot :):):)

Equipment used:

FT1000MP (still in good shape after so many years)
Home made stack-match, for dividing power to two directions
Home made antennas designed by YU7EF
3L-40m
5L+5L for 20m
5L+5L for 15m
5L over 5L for 10m (it was too big for this one)
OM POWER amp
Wintest SW

GL and CU in next one (CQ WW SSB as 9A1P)

Adi
S55M (aka 9A8WW)