[3830] WPX CW 9A15BB(9A3XV) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 26 15:20:29 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: 9A15BB
Operator(s): 9A3XV
Station: 9A4M

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Babino brdo, JN85EI
Operating Time (hrs): 36:00

Club: Croatian Contest Club

Comments:

Hi guys!

Thanks for your calls at first! Actually I made 2.492 contacts but 135 double.
This is the price of special call sign - I have to use number 15 in the call
because we are celebrating 15'th anniversary of the contest site.

I arrived at the site late afternoon after work and then spent few hours to
repair beverage antennas which where broken by deers and wild pigs :)(you
cannot imagine what they can do). Then there was a power cut but fortunately
our electrical company fixed that very quickly. Then I spent some time to
prepare SO2R setup for the first time in my life - simple interface that I
built few days before contest I tested just on my table without RIG.. :)..
Fortunately this was without problem but I finished the preparation just half
an hour before contest and had no time to rest a little bit.

I had poor start and poor first night - wrong decision to start on 40m and
playing to much with new toy - SO2R. After first pause and some sleep all was
better. Good runs on 15 and 20m. Second night was good changing runs between 40
and 20m. Second afternoon starts good but then propagation drop down for few
hours - I use this time to play with mults on 10m and cq-ing on 15 or 20 with
short try on 40m but with very low rate. In the late evening 15 and 20m became
top and I had good runs playing with mults on the second radio at the same
time. I finished the contest on 80m with very good run but came there too late.
Sorry guys for lost my mult on 80m.

Finally this contest was a good opportunity for me to try something new and
there is lots of space for improvement.

73
Sale, 9A3XV