[3830] WPX CW N3BB SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 26 16:00:11 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TX

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

First all-band (sort of) effort since the antenna system was damaged seriously
last October by lightning. Have all bands but 160 back up. Mainly operated in
the day and ran EU while trying to relearn how to do 2nd radio tuning for
contacts. Found myself very rusty in listening to two audio streams w/out
making errors on the exchanges with the run stations. It was fun to get back to
hearing lots of familiar calls, and lots of quick name exchanges.

Congrats to N5AW near here who continues to set new standards with his terrific
LP setup. Great operator. I was a little bit on the "non-rain" side of
major storms, but the bands were quite noisy and the noise would come and go.

Had to miss the NA Sprint last time with the station problems. I'm using the NS
Ladder on Thursday nights to stay in shape, but the overall "rust
factor" mentally is noticeable.

Again, it was pleasant to "see" so many friends again. Running Morse
code is one of the greatest pure pleasures of life. It's hard to explain, but
it's true.

Jim N3BB