[3830] WPX CW KH6CJJ SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 26 22:41:41 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KH6CJJ
Operator(s): KH6CJJ
Station: KH6CJJ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Maui, Hawaii

Having only been doing cw contests for two years, I am still amazed at the guys
who can sit there and run at 30+ for hour after hour. I will never get that
good, but still have fun poking along at 20.  With HOA rules limiting my
antennas to a hex beam at 25 feet and a G5RV at 35 feet, I really depend on 10
meters.  It was very poor for this contest in contrast to those earlier this
year.  It also seemed to me that participation was down. We'll see what the
official results show about that. I ran out of people to work on 40 relatively
early on Saturday night and went to bed.  It was too late for the Mainland US
and too early for Japan. Hawaii is a great place, but it's far from population
centers, especially Europe.

Although 10 was poor, I have to put in a plug for NQ4I. He was LOUD here
whenever I could hear anyone.  For consistency, I need to send kudos to K9CT.
Whenever a band was open, he was right there.

Thanks for all the contacts. I had fun and will be back next year for more.