[3830] WPX CW MJ5Z(JK3GAD) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue May 27 09:50:08 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: MJ5Z
Operator(s): JK3GAD
Station: GJ3DVC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IN89VE

   20: 1064

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

I brought usual SO2R equipment (Microham box, Auto BPF, etc) but decided to
operate SO1R as antennas at club station were not great.

Compared to 2012, both QSOs and Mults are increased so as final score. However,
points/QSO was down to just 2.00 due to the lack of low band as I did not have
enough time to spend on lower band because of good 20/15m propagation even in
night time.

Equipment used:
K3
160m: DP
80m: tuned 160m DP by K3 ATU
40m: DP
20/15/10m: 5 elements log periodic (a bit high SWR on 15/10m)
20/15/10m: C3 fixed at 70 deg (towards Eastern EU)
Optibeam was still on the ground, waiting for repair.....

Some interesting observations (not complaining though)
1. Some people start calling CQ without sending "?",
"QRL?", or not listening at all. However, the fact these people move
away after I was constantly working stations suggests they knew what they were
doing!
2. Some people interested to get QSL card or simply work station called me
several times so these are dupe QSO for me but they always send
"001".
3. Creative people want to copy my call sign as "M15Z"!

Thanks to JARS club for use of station. My next visit to the island will be at
the end of September for RTTY contest.

73 Kazu
M0CFW, M5Z, JK3GAD