[3830] WPX CW K9UIY SOSB40 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed May 28 01:13:22 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K9UIY
Operator(s): K9UIY
Station: K9UIY

Class: SOSB40 LP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Congrats to W2EG on the great showing!  Being on the East Coast certainly has
its advantages over us in the Midwest ... i.e.: about a hop or two advantage
into EU & AF and greater chances for not only those 6 pointers but more Q's
as well.  We, on the other hand, being pretty much in the middle of the USA and
NA have pretty good chances at more Q's ... but mostly of the one point
variety.  A few good shots going into JA are many times available ...  but this
year, that was not very good for me ... only one Q with JA in the first 24
hours.  A few more later on the second day, but not enough to make any kind of
a run.  Rich (W2EG) averaged almost 3.6 points/QSO while my average was 2.55/Q.
 Still, I had a great time and ran into many good friends and many great ops!
Thanks to all for the Q's and for repeats because of storms in the area plus
seasonal band QRN.  I have no problem with "cut" numbers, however I
sometimes question their use during marginal conditions.  I suspect a few Code
Reading Machines have a bit of a problem, too!! <hi>  And with Auroral
Flutter, sending at 40 WPM is difficult to copy.  Yaesu FT-1000 MP @ 100W ---
monoband 40 M vertical ground mounted with 77 radials on a hill top again
played this contest.  BCNU again next year !  73 de Vic  K9UIY