[3830] SS CW K6OK SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 2 21:47:46 EST 2014

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6OK
Operator(s): K6OK
Station: K6OK

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: SV

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I planned to be QRT. I really did plan on QRT as I have no antenna except a low
random wire. I used the wire to listen to some of the Sweeps activity on
Saturday and it sounded like 10m and 15m were hopping. Like a dieter passing by
a Godiva chocolate store, the temptation was too great. I couldn't stand it.
Woke up Sunday morning and decided I had to get on. I made a temporary 10m and
15m parallel inverted vee and raised it to 30 ft with a Spiderbeam pole. Ha!
Gave me 6.5 hrs of fun. Used N1MM, the cluster, Skimmer, and did Cntl-Up/Dn and
Pounce. TS590 and 80 watts. Good enough for 175 Q's and 64 sections. Used a
tuner and forced the dipoles to work on 20m against their will -- worked well
enough to get 11 mults. Now I'm sure I'll be QRT for SS SSB. This time I really
mean it...