[3830] SS CW N5RZ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 2 21:55:04 EST 2014

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

Club: Midland ARC

Comments:

Had a great start, but went downhill after 3 hours.  Station was OK.  Operator
wasn't.  Fighting power line noise issues - ugh.   Used solid state amps - I'm
sold! Instant band changes with the WX0B band decoders & 4x8 pak. I'm
spoiled!

Thanks to all to all for the QSO's, and to N7IV for my sweep (ND).

Rigs:  K3+SPE Expert 2K-FA    K3+ Tokyo HyPower HL-1.5HFX

Antennas:

10M:  6el @70' NE  4el @50' NW
15M:  5 el @70' NE  3el @50' NW
20M:  204BA @70' NW.   Inverted Vee @50' SE/NW
40M:  Dipole @ 50' E/W
80M:  Inverted Vee @105'

8 circle RX array (used for 80M & 40M) rendered useless to W & NW due
to line noise.

N1MM (old version) logging software.

73,  Gator