[3830] SS CW K1TO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 3 00:01:22 EST 2014

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K1TO
Operator(s): K1TO
Station: K1TO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WCF

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

First QSO at 0300Z.  One radio.

VY1EI called at around 1900Z, but I just couldn't copy the number or check, and
others kept CQing on the freq, so I had to give up and move on.  For a period of
time around then, many stations on 15 had what sounded like multi-path echoes.

Someone signing K3MM QRMed me for a solid 6 minutes with loud non-stop CQing.
Occasionally, he would answer a caller with gibberish and just continue CQing
again.

Also had persistent QRM from a digital station on 40 CW, but sigs were weak
enough to allow the run to continue.

A quick Check check shows that the median CK in the log is 67, meaning I'm
still a young puppy at 42 years in the hobby as CK 72.  The "Half-Century
Wireless Ass'n" (CKs of 22-64) had over 40% of the QSOs - amazing, really.
 W8PN - CK 46 - appears to be the longest-time ham worked this weekend.  Nice to
see CW persisting as well as it has.

Thanks to those who made the time to get on from rare sections.  Six of my
sections worked had just one QSO.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs.

73, Dan