[3830] SS CW KE3X(@N4RV) Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 3 11:07:55 EST 2014

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: N4RV

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Oakton VA

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to Jack and Gwyn for hosting another SS CW!  In prior years I recalled
the slow rates on Sunday afternoon, so much that on the drive to Oakton I found
myself humming the Muppet Show intro where the two old geezers in the balcony
sing:

"Why do we always come here?   I guess we'll never know.  It's like some
kind of torture, to have to watch this show!"

So this year I tried QRP figuring it might leave more stations for Day 2 ...
NOT!   Just worked the same Big Guns on Day 1 anyway, but had 350 fewer QSO's
since it's so hard to hold a run frequency at 5W.

End result = same Sweepstakes CW torture, different flavor.  There must be some
way to increase participation while keeping true to the contest's roots.

73,

Ken KE3X