[3830] SS CW N7WA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 3 17:02:34 EST 2014

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N7WA
Operator(s): N7WA
Station: N7WA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Been working all summer to 1)get 40M beam fixed after the reflector was knocked
off kilter last winter and 2) get the C31XR back on the tower at 60' (it came
off LAST summer and never got back on). Even then, the C31XR is fixed in
position until I get the Tic Ring rotating. Just ran out of weather. Friday, I
just got an 80M antenna (50' vertical) up and adjusted out in the dark with
some hastily laid out radials. I was looking forward to this test because I
haven't done any tests from HOME since last years Sweeps.

It started out OK with about 140 Q's in the first 2 hours. 10M was in good
shape, though not very busy, and 15M seemed to be the happening place. However,
rates just slowly declined through the day. 20M was ok but when it petered out,
40M and 80M never had any real spark and my numbers are way down on those
bands. I am glad I put the 80M antenna up. I got more mults out of 80 than I
did on 40. Still, I went to bed a couple hours earlier than usual.

The morning was almost a straight shot up to 20M, then 15. No real time on
40/80. Glad I got my close-in mults the night before. We all know about Sunday.
You just constantly search for the new ones. If you are into SO2R, you call CQ
incessantly while searching for new ones. I pulled out 45 Q's with the second
radio including several needed mults. Like many others, I missed one section -
NT. Never even heard one. Instead of a discussion to make more sections out of
MAR, maybe the discussion should be to combine NT with a province that actually
has a radio population.

My total Q count is down about 100 but I am always glad I did the test.

cheers
dink