[3830] SS CW K5KG Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 5 09:06:49 EST 2014

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: K5KG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WCF

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Another SS CW is in the books.  Good news was that 80 and 40 were virtually free
of QRN due to a cold front that moved into FL.  ["Cold" in FL is a
relative term, but you get the point.] Condx on the low bands were excellent.
Condx on the high bands were also excellent.  Without the cluster, I was not
able to see the solar numbers, but I suspect they were favorable.

My best hour was the 0200z hour with 84 Q's on 15m.  It was downhill after
that.  In spite of seemingly good condx, I found it difficult to get any
sustained runs going. Participation seemed to be down.  Minutes of CQ'ing on a
frequency would only bring occasional responses.  The last two sections worked
were PR (NP3A) and NNY (N2ASD), and NT was non-existent! A big thanks to Bob,
N4BP for his KP2RUM presence.  By 2200z, and with a few hours to go, I had only
950+ Q's in the log, so I hung it up at that point and went out to enjoy the
crisp FL wx.

Stn: K3 + Acom 2000A, 2X Arrays tribander, 2el 40, Inv vee on 80, Pixel mag
loop.

73, George, K5KG