[3830] CQWW SSB TX7G M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 5 10:59:28 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: TX7G
Operator(s): N7SMI KZ1W VE7KW
Station: TX7G

Class: M/S HP
QTH: FO/m

   40:  204    14       16
   20:  782    30       69
   15:  449    24       41
   10:  865    26       33

The TX7G DXpedition team had a great time operating from Nuku Hiva in the
Marquesas Islands (FO/m). We were the only station from this entity, so a
guaranteed multiplier. We were also in Zone 31 with Hawaii. Conditions were
generally good and we had some incredible runs, but despite good signal
reports, we struggled at times to hold a run frequency or keep busy until we
were spotted, then things would explode. It seems few people actually listen
any more and instead simply rely on the spotting networks to feed them
multipliers.

We made few S&P QSOs and generally found that many had difficulty parsing
the TX7G call sign causing many repeats.

We operated a total of ~22.5 hours with some breaks for promised RTTY
operations, and we had to stop early to make our flight off the island. We've
had some debate as to the effectiveness of the contest QSOs to our overall
DXpedition seeing as a large percentage of contacts were dupes from earlier in
the operation, but we had a fun time and were happy to give out the Qs and
multipliers from such an amazing island paradise.