[3830] SS SSB NY7N(@K8IA/N7RQ) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 16 22:15:50 EST 2014

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NY7N
Operator(s): NY7N
Station: K8IA/N7RQ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AZ

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Tempting as it was to defend my SW Division record in Unlimited LP from last
year, I decided I'd rather actually have fun, make a lot of points, and not
worry about winning anything. So the amps were on for this one, and boy oh boy
is it a lot easier to hold a frequency running 1k+ than 100w. Just a slight
difference. =P Seriously though, this is an experience that made me go from
thinking "Eh, Sweepstakes is alright" to "Wow, Sweepstakes is a
lot of fun."

Thanks for all the Qs, sorry to those I just couldn't pull out of the mud, and
of course huge thanks to Bob & Sandy for letting me invade their home for
the weekend yet again and play with a real station. Catch you in the next one.

73, Andy NY7N