[3830] SS SSB VE4VT Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 16 22:16:24 EST 2014

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Needed SK for the sweep and finally stumbled across 00:53 on 40m after loosing
another frequency battle. that was the story this weekend, after a blistering
start for the first 3.5 hours averaging nearly 120 QPH, everything came to a
standstill when I tried to transition to 40m. Hard to find a frequency and when
I did, I lost it in very short order. Being in the geographic center of the
continent, signals are strong from every direction and there is no escaping the
QRM. Running low power made it very difficult to hold a frequency.

Not to mention the style of a few well known big guns that don't bother to
check that the frequencies in use and just start calling.

Plenty of VE4 activity so no one should have missed MB for the sweep this
year.

Thanks for all the Q's.

Ed VE4EAR/VE4VT