[3830] SS SSB KM7N Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 16 23:26:24 EST 2014

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KM7N
Operator(s): KM7N
Station: KM7N

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

My first Sweepstakes.  In the past, I chose not to operate in this contest
because the exchange seemed bulky, and I was afraid that this would drastically
reduce rate to the point of not being fun.  Boy was I wrong!

Bands were decent.  Though far from a clean sweep, I was excited to hear a
couple VE8s (neither of which I worked because I was too weak), and I worked
more ND and SD stations than I knew existed!  Would have been a great weekend
for someone hunting WAS.  I was unable to find an AZ station that could hear
me, but right at the end tonight, KY7M was blowing my ears off on
20M...Unfortunately I couldn't quite get to him via groundwave on 20 (he lives
127 miles north of me) despite trying for over 5 minutes, so AZ never made it
into my log.

Thanks goes to my neighbor and friend John, AI4EI, a budding contester whose
excitement about this contest spurred me into trying this contest out for the
first time.action.  We both did less than a full effort, and he did better than
I did, but it was still fun, and continue to feel more and more comfortable with
the changes in N1MM+.

Thanks for all the Qs!