[3830] SS SSB N2QT SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 17 09:13:41 EST 2014

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N2QT
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: N2QT

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: VA

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A part time operation, but not that far off of my last years score where I
really, really tried.  Still I think this will be my last try at LP. I do other
modes LP and have a triplexer and other power limited devices hard wired in that
needs to be jumpered to go HP.  Think it is worth doing.

A sweep came easy on the first night and that brings the next problem for me in
this contest, how to stay motivated when all the sections have been worked.  I'm
just not a rate junkie, and prefer to be tuning for new one. As it was I hit a
nice round number on q's and quit.

My shunt fed tower has about 25 khz of BW on 80, so it was hard to use as I
would have to retune constantly, and it was not near as good as the dipole that
is down now.

Radio Elecraft K3
KT34A at 60 ft,
3 el Steppir at 48 ft