[3830] SS SSB KL2R Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 17 15:22:40 EST 2014

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KL2R
Operator(s): N1TX KL1JP KL3UI KL6C WL7BDO KL3WY
Station: KL2R

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: KL7

The Two Rivers team endured 11 hours of dead air due to x-rays and aurora.  Very
frustrating, since the hope was to better the 2011 score by a good margin.  Not
even close, and no clean sweep.  Even so, it was fun to learn to use many
features
on the new FTdx5000MP; e.g., neighbor KL7IEH was blowing away the entire band
on 20m phone until we kicked in the high-Q preselector.  Dual receive really
proved
helpful as well.

KL3UI: "I learned a lot about the new radio (FTdx5000); the VRF
pre-selector is
f*ing awesome."  WL7BDO: "Aurora viewing was great." N1TX:
"SO much
enthusiasm at the start.  Great relief at the finish.  Lots of fun in
between, just not always on the air."