[3830] CQWW CW KB0EO SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 30 19:08:37 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Minnesota

  160:    9     6        6
   80:   25    16       20
   40:  170    33       87
   20:  165    39      100
   15:  208    35       91
   10:  200    36       96
------------------------------
Total:  777   165      400  Total Score = 1,237,416

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I had time this weekend to put in a better effort, but took frequent breaks to
spend time with the family. The goals for this mission were to hit at least 30
zones on each of the 4 major active bands (10,15,20,40), break 1 million
points, and try to get all 40 zones on one band - 20 meters was the target. I
also tried to balance the operating time between 10,15,20,40 with a little time
on 80 and 160.

I missed the following zones on each band:

10 meters - 17,18,22,26 (no surprises)
15 meters - 17,18,22,23,34
20 meters - 34 (chased SU0ERA, but never came on 20)
40 meters - 12,13,23,29,35,37,40

All bands were really cooking - there was a little bit of aurora flutter on all
the bands at one point. I decided to get in and crack some skulls in the pileups
- I beat out some of the major stations several times. I heard N0IJ in there all
the time - won some and lost some.

I was happy to pick up VU4KV on 40 meters as I was running out of time to get
that band slot before they shut down. A couple of new ones on 160 meters also.

73 and good luck!

Dan - KB0EO
Northfield, MN