[3830] CQWW CW K6JEB SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 30 19:56:33 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K6JEB
Operator(s): K6JEB
Station: K6JEB

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: EB
Operating Time (hrs): 26:57

  160:    5     3        4
   80:   33    11       13
   40:  106    22       33
   20:   88    19       36
   15:  213    28       51
   10:  159    23       46
------------------------------
Total:  604   106      183  Total Score = 475,983

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

What started as a "I just have time to SEARCH and POUNCe some All-Time New
Ones" quickly turned into a more engaging contest; when i realized that
conditions were so clear you could hear a pin drop on another continent on the
upper bands.  I even had a couple runs which were a new one for me in a DX
contest.  Thank goodness for all the JA's on the bands! When the time was right
I would swing the Yagi over that way and bring my rate way up.  What a blast!  I
did spend a ridiculous amount of time on Friday and Saturday working on another
project (my IOTA application) so I have only that to 'blame' for not turning in
more Q's.  I ran my Yaesu FT-857D, into a 500 watt amp (thanks N6DQ/K6YL).
Antennas: Cushcraft A3S Yagi up 10m, Ground-mounted Butternut HF9V, I used my
30m delta loop for 40m  with great results, and the 160m Inverted-L came in
handy for Top band.  Notes for the future me: get something directional on 40m
and maybe even 80m, wireless headset (can't have latency so Bluetooth is
probably out) so you can roam about the QTH listening, get SO2R running, stay
up late to work the waves of stations outside North America on the low bands,
get up early Sunday.